Sunday 8 November 2015

A series of Shakespeare

Todayyyyy, as I sorted out my bedroom, I came across my old book. This book happened to be the 'Little Book Of Shakespeare'. So, I thought 'why not do a post dedicated to this book'. Meaning that I shall write a series of Shakespeare's amazing quotes simply from this book.

1. "Friendship is constant in all other things. Save in the office and affairs of love".

2. "I can get no remedy against this consumption of the purse: borrowing only lingers and lingers it out, but the disease is incurable".

3. "...time will come and take my love away. This thought is as a death which cannot choose but weep to have, that which it fears to lose".

4. "The tears live in an onion that should water this sorrow".

5. "My hear is heavy, and mine age is weak; Grief would have tears, and sorrow bids me speak".

6. "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is. To have a thankless child".

7. "Time is the old justice that examines all such offenders".

8. "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun".

9. "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite".

10. MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE: "Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun".

11. "The nature of bad news infects the teller".

12. "Praising what is lost makes the remembrance dear".

13. "Nothing can come of nothing".

14. "Wisdom and goodness to the vile seem vile; filths savour but themselves".

15. "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose".

16. "How many goodly creatures are there here! How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world that has such people in't".

17. "Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful".

18. "Care keeps his watch in every old man's eye, And where care lodges sleep will never lie; But where unbruised youth with unstuff'd brain doth couch his limbs, there golden sleep doth reign".

So, there you have it. 18 beautiful quotes from ye olde Shakespeare. He was a legend and quite frankly he still is!

PhOtO oF tHe DaY:
I am going old school with le flower. 
Basically what I just said was: 
I have no pictures so I am re-uploading one.
YAY
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment